Thursday, September 24, 2009

C'est la vie... OR is it?

Ever felt you were in the wrong place at the wrong time?
I wake up with the feeling everyday..
Its a weird deja vu involving me living the same day over and over albeit wearing different clothes..
Picture me standing me in a spot, with the days and nights whizzing past me while i go through a series of clothes and hairstyles..
Did you get what I'm talking about?
OF course not..
We have no time to analyze our own life, let alone bother with someone else.
We're all running around in a little exercise wheel, i mean they don't call it a rat race for nothing..
Wake up, work, try to make the most of your evening, sleep, do it all over again..
Wash, rinse, repeat..
some people manage to fit a drink in there somewhere and call it a life..

Is this really why we evolved? to become a slave to ourselves? to live a life of routine and monotony? To earn money to be able to spent it on items and material goods the idiot box says we need?

We work hard, um, hardly work? nope, i think its work hard,
so yea, we work hard, to save up, to go on holiday/vacation, to get away from our work related stress..
Or let me put it this way,
We work hard, to party hard/get drunk/buy the best appliances to divert our mind from the fact that we work hard!!

Some of us do enjoy our job.. You lucky lucky bastards.. Hidden inside every one of the rest of us however is our dream job..
Me? I have a list of dream jobs, none of them practical.. Don't ask, don't tell..

Anyway, since this was originally supposed to have been a rant, I'll cut it short and abruptly end here.

2 comments:

  1. Hey des... just wanted you to let u know dat I dropped by :') C I'm ur no.1 fan !! :D Maintain your webpage... its good. N btw..most ppl's blog's are otherwise about them ranting..

    ReplyDelete
  2. heh/.. ur not my No1 fan, ur my only fan i say! thanks

    ReplyDelete